Elkridge Harford Hunt Club Monkton Maryland. The Elkridge Fox Hunting Club was incorporated on March 6, 1878 and is believed to be a descendant of the Baltimore Fox Hunting Club. Hounds were originally kenneled at Elkridge Landing in Howard County, but by 1888 kennels were moved to Charles Street in Baltimore City. A rivalry began between the Elkridge members and members of the Greenspring Valley Hounds. One night, following a joint meet, a heated discussion ensued about the riding abilities of the members and jumping abilities of their respective mounts. The dispute was settled by agreeing to a race on the last Saturday in April and the Maryland Hunt Cup was born.